Unique Polymer Systems (UPS) provide a unique range of metal repair composites, concrete repair materials and high-performance epoxy coatings to repair tanks and containment areas. These products protect them from the environmental operating effects of chemical attack, corrosion and erosion.
The metal repair composites have been developed to repair the metallic components of storage tanks, especially around the tank bases which are subject to serve chemical attack, erosion issues and leaking seams.
The concrete repair materials rapidly rebuild bund areas whilst providing outstanding levels of chemical protection. This creates the perfect surface for the high performance top coat.
The UPS repair composites can also be used on GRP, FRP and steel substrates which makes the internal protection of tanks very versatile and user friendly. The composites have been designed in such a way that allows for bonding dissimilar materials – perfect for plate bonding.
UPS has a range of high-performance coatings which provide outstanding external protection to storage tanks. UPS 510 UN UNI-NOX is a single component water-based acrylic which encapsulates the surface providing next level corrosion resistance. The UPS 510 UN can be tinted to any RAL colour proving an aesthetically pleasing finish along with its excellent UV stability. The UPS composites provide outstanding bond strength to all types of substrates which in turns eliminates the need for hot work.
Why use UPS composites to protect storage tanks and containment areas?
• Versatile application methods; Brush, Roller, Squeegee & Spray grades available.
• Outstanding chemical resistance to a wide range of industrial chemicals.
• High adhesion properties and very surface tolerant composites such as UPS 125 XFP FAST CURING METAL PASTE which can be used to restore tank integrity by plate bonding or the attachment of external equipment such as brackets, supports, breakers etc.,
• Breathable membranes such as the UPS 777 AWM ACRYLIC WATERPROOF MEMBRANE are used along the tank base to prevent water ingress and at the same time allow moisture to escape.
• Repair and enhance secondary containment areas which are primarily fabrication with concrete structures. The UPS 814 CRS CHEMICALLY RESISTANT SCREED is ideal for re-surfacing areas which have suffered from chemical attack that require rebuilding and a chemical protection at the same time.
• When a high level of UV Stability is required whilst also maintaining good chemical resistance, UPS 509 UVST UV STABLE TOPCOAT is a two-part polyurethane coating which achieves just that.
• Many of the UPS Protective Coatings can be made into anti-slip systems by incorporating aggregates.